Welcome from the Headteacher
We aim to provide your child with an inspirational education and school experience that they will recall with warmth and fondness throughout their life.
Our vision is to challenge your child to be creative, curious, independent, resilient and most importantly academically useful.
We passionately believe, therefore, in promoting hard work and traditional values such as good manners, dignity, respect for the learning process and for others, as a means to achieving the best for each student.
The school is recognised by Ofsted and The Sunday Times parent power ranking as providing outstanding opportunities both within and outside the classroom. We are a Teaching School, a National Support School and part of the National Leading Edge network of schools.
We aim to ensure your child’s success at school through the following:
• Outstanding teaching
• Curriculum and academic pathways designed to meet your child’s individual needs
• Small tutor groups, one to one booster sessions and intervention groups if required
• Progress reports for parents and a Parent Portal on our website with an overview of the curriculum and associated home learning
• A range of outstanding extra-curricular opportunities
• Extended day study facilities, summer schools and Easter and half term revision programmes
I hope you are excited and inspired by what you learn about Weydon Academy. Our facilities are world class and I hope this demonstrates that we are a forward thinking school doing everything we can to give your child a splendid education.
Mr John Winter