If you are not currently in receipt of Free School Meals, but would like to enquire about how the Free School Meal system operates at our school and/or make an application, please contact Mrs K Taylor on: 01252 725052 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to qualify for Free School Meals, parents/guardians must be in receipt of one or more of the following:
• Income Support
• Income - based Jobseekers Allowance
• Income - related Employment and Support Allowance
• Support under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
• Child Tax Credit (providing you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
• Working Tax Credit run-on paid 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
• Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1st April 2018 your household income must be less than £7400 a year (after tax and not including any beneﬁts you get)
Further information about the eligibility criteria can be found at:
If you believe you qualify, please download and complete the ‘Free School Meal Eligibility & Pupil Premium Application Form’ (link below) and hand this in to the Main Reception at school marked for the attention of Mrs K Taylor. If you do not have access to a printer, please ask for an application form at Main Reception. Once received, your application form will be processed and a letter will be sent home to inform you of the outcome.
If, following your application, your child/children are eligible for Free School Meals, they will receive a daily allowance of £2.50 per day paid to their WisePay account which they will then be able to spend on food and drink in the Cafe. As we operate a cashless payment system in the Cafe; those eligible for Free School Meals will have exactly the same account arrangements as those who pay for their meals. Free School Meal students are therefore not distinguishable from students who pay for their meals.